When was the last time your utility company wanted to give you money? Uh-huh, right. Like that's going to happen. But if you live in PECO Energy's service area, you could get some cold, hard cash! And if you don't live in the metropolitan Philadelphia area that PECO services, check with you own energy supplier to see if they have a program like this!
Yes, there are rules about size -- and the unit must be working.
Hey, they have a similar deal for old, inefficient electricity-guzzling window air conditioners, too!
This is From Peco's web site (www.peco.com/SmartIdeas):
There could be cold cash in your garage or basement.
Get $35 and save money by having us recycle your second refrigerator
If you have an older, working second refrigerator or freezer in your garage or basement, it may be costing you more money than you think. Did you know that it could use three times more electricity than a newer model, consuming nearly $150 in energy each year?
With this in mind, it doesn't make sense to hold on to it, especially when PECO will:
- Pay you $35 per appliance for your refrigerator or freezer.
- Have it hauled away for free.
- Dispose of it responsibly-dismantling it and recycling its parts in an environmentally friendly way.
- Pick up and recycle your old working room air conditioners along with your refrigerator or freezer. And, we'll pay an additional $25.
PECO and JACO Environmental have teamed up to offer this unique program designed to save energy and help the environment. You must be a PECO residential delivery services customer, and your refrigerator or freezer must be:
- Between 10 and 30 cubic feet in size.
*size is usually indicated on the side of the refrigerator or freezer door.
- Empty and working at the time of pick-up.
- Accessible with a clear and safe path of removal. The removal team will not risk injury, remove personal effects or modify your home (e.g. remove doors or railings) to remove the unit(s).
Program funding is limited. Participation will be on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are exhausted.
Realtor, ABR, CRS, PSA, SFR, SRS, SRES
415 North Broad Street
Lansdale, PA 19446
Direct: (215) 853-2624
Office: (215) 647-0700
Fax: (215) 529-8931
PA Lic # RM423982
Copyright © 2010-2018 Richard Strahm. All rights reserved worldwide.